Churchill Public School believes in building strong relationships with the community. We are proud of the role that we play. Through our website, monthly newsletters, radio ads and agenda program, we try to keep the lines of communication open with parents/guardians. At Churchill, we help students become contributing members of society.
Examples of what we do:
- A Fall Harvest Feast in which we serve turkey dinners to every student for Thanksgiving
- A YMCA Childcare Centre on site
- Home to New Sudbury’s EarlyON Child and Family Centre
- An active Student Parliament that raises money for the local community, including the Maison McCulloch Hospice
- Indigenous Awareness Days to help celebrate Indigenous culture
YMCA Churchill Childcare Centre
- Transitional Threes, Pre-schoolers and School Age (3 to 12 years)
- Open year round from 6:30 am to 6:30 pm
- Lunches and snacks provided
- Open PD Days, Christmas break, March break and summer
YMCA Childcare is about the basics in life: trust, caring, learning, comfort and safety. Personal attention, a variety of experiences and a generous supply of giggles are a big part of each day.
For more information, please contact Elaine Vaillancourt at 705.688.7300 ext 2126.
Volunteers are always welcome – whether it’s to help supervise on field trips, overnight trips, reading with children, assisting teachers, etc. A number of activities that we plan with our students simply wouldn’t be possible without our volunteers. If you have the time, please consider volunteering at our many events. Simply let your child’s teacher know you can assist on field trips as they come up.
If you have the time to volunteer on a more consistent basis (such as helping in our library, or around the school), call the main office at 705.566.5130 and let one of our office staff members know. Please note that a police background check is needed for this type of volunteer work.
Examples of where we need volunteers:
- Fall Harvest Feast
- Fun Fair
- Trips to Science North
- School Field Trips
COMMUNITY USE IS CURRENTLY ON HOLD DUE TO COVID-19